Established in 2016 Dyslexia Sparks is Hull and East Yorkshire’s only registered charity for dyslexia.
- Our mission is to support dyslexic individuals of all ages to identify their strengths and learning needs – enabling them to overcome any barriers, make progress and to reach their full potential.
- We recognise the impact that dyslexia can have on significant others and extend our support to the families of dyslexic individuals.
- We offer understanding, professionalism and a safe environment within which this mission can be achieved.
- Our vision is for a world where dyslexic individuals are valued and celebrated for what they have to offer.
- We envisage a world where dyslexic individuals can unleash their inner spark in order to make valued contributions – at school, work and the wider community.
- We aspire for schools, workplaces and governing bodies to support this vision by designing and implementing policies and procedures which allow dyslexic individuals to be fully supported.
Our highly qualified and experienced team of professionals deliver diagnostic dyslexia assessments, specialist tuition and advice to individuals of all ages across the region.
We deliver training to schools and organisations to spot the signs of dyslexia and associated SPLDs, enabling them to support dyslexic individuals within their education and work.
We help families of dyslexic individuals through peer support and professional advice.